Streaming on Fan Pass from a mobile device is a great and easy way to have your music heard and connect with your fans, all while generating a new source of revenue. But, if you are looking to setup an upgraded, more customizable stream, this guide is for you!
On this page:
Creating an Account
Go Live Requirements
- A computer capable of streaming. Most modern laptop & desktop computers will have the ability to handle your stream, but it depends on the extent of your setup/required processing power.
A microphone and webcam
Many laptops include a built-in webcam and microphone, but if you use a desktop computer, you’ll likely need to buy them separately. Check out our Streaming Gear for equipment to upgrade your stream!
A good internet connection with upload speeds of at least 5-10 Megabits per second (Mbps). A wired/ethernet connection running directly into your router is strongly recommended, as it is much more reliable than WiFi. Click here to run a speed test via speedtest.net.
Setting Up Your Stream
In addition to your computer, microphone/webcam, and internet connection, streaming on Fan Pass from a desktop or laptop computer requires a broadcasting software. OBS Studio is a free and open source software for video recording and live streaming.
Start by downloading the OBS Studio installer and follow the steps to install and launch the software. Once installed and open, you can add your default webcam by clicking the “+” button in the Sources panel, then selecting “Video Capture Device.” You can also add “Audio Input Capture” to select your connected audio devices. Click here to view the OBS Studio Quickstart guide.
Adding a Video Capture Device Adding an Audio Capture Device
Once your Video/Audio Capture Devices are set up, all that's left to do is grab your RTMP link & Stream Key and go live!
RTMP Link & Stream Key
- Navigate to the Fan Pass web app and click the button in the left side menu
- Fill in your event details, including event image, title, location, duration, ticketing (if desired), and also choose your video-on-demand settings.
- Click Start Event
Here you will see a generated RTMP Link & Stream Key, which need to be input into your OBS Stream Settings before beginning your live stream.
- Once you have generated your RTMP link & Stream Key, navigate to the Stream tab in your OBS Settings
- Select Custom from the Service dropdown menu
- Paste the generated RTMP link into the OBS Server field
- Paste the generated Stream Key into the OBS Stream Key field
- Confirm both the RTMP link and Stream Key have been input correctly, then click OK
Finally, click Start Streaming and begin your live stream. Don't forget to invite your fans!